DETAILS INFORMATION ON BENEFICIARIES ORIENTED SCHEMES OPERATED IN FISHERIES SECTOR
There are following schemes are implemented for beneficiaries oriented in Fisheries Sector in Bhadrak District.:-
MATSYA POKHARI YOJONA ( MPY):-
This is a state Govt. Priority scheme started since last year i.e. 2017-18. In this scheme a beneficiary who has not availed any fisheries loan earlier is only eligible. A beneficiary can avail this scheme on for construction of new tank only with Rs. 8.50 lakhs unit cost per ha. and having 50% subsidy. One beneficiary can maximum get 2.00 ha. benefit and minimum 0.20 ha. water area and it is once only. The subsidy is available in Bank Finance sector as well as Without Bank finance sector. In both the sector subsidy is same. In without Bank Finance sector beneficiary need to obtain a certificate from Tahasildar regarding his source of finance that he has invested for new tank excavation. Similarly for release of subsidy in without Bank Finance cases a subsidy releasing committee is constituted under the chairmanship of Dy. Director of Fisheries, Balasore and District Fisheries Officer, Dy. Director of Agriculture or his representative as members. The subsidy is released after the recommendation of the Subsidy releasing committee. Similarly the beneficiaries is selected under District Beneficiaries Selection Committee (DBSC) under the chairmanship of Collector and the District Fisheries Officer, representative of Agriculture & F.E. Deptt., representative of Lead Bank Manager are members. After the completion of the tank construction work a verification certificate need to be obtain from local Revenue Inspector regarding excavation of tanks in the plot in which project report was prepared. The subsidy is released in two phases i.e. 50% of total subsidy will be released soon after completion of excavation work and balance 50% after stocking of fingerlings. The beneficiary need to be construct small nursery tank near his stocking tank whose area will be just 10% of stocking tank. The aim is to develop fingerlings or yearlings by the beneficiary himself and thus can easily available big sized seed and thus enhance fish production. The details of unit cost for one ha.;-
- Tank construction – Rs. 5,00,000/-
- Subsidy Rs. 4,25,000/- in two phases.
- Watchmanshed-cum- Store house- 1,00,000/-
- Water facilities, Pump etc.– 1,00,000/-
- Total- Rs. 7,00,000/-
- Pisciculture Expenses -Rs. 1,50,000/-
- Total- Rs. 8,50,000/-
N:B: The beneficiary need to be deposit 0.5% of project cost as user fees prior to preparation of Plan and Estimate.
Under this scheme so many sector are covered which are as follows;-
- Construction of Ponds and Tanks in Fresh Water ;- The unit cost is as in the case of Matsya Pokhari Yojona the subsidy was 50% till 2016-17 but from 2017-18 onwards subsidy is 40% for General Caste and 60% for SC/ST. The renovation of old tank is available in this scheme the unit cost is for renovation of one ha. tank – Rs. 3,50,000/- with pisciculture- Rs. 1,50,000/- that is total Rs. 5,00,000/-. User Fees need to be deposit as in the case of MPY.
- Construction of Ponds and Tanks in Brackish Water sector;- Construction of tanks in Brackish water sector is available the unit cost is for new construction Rs. 6,00,000/- per ha. and Shrimp culture- Rs. 7,43,000/- i.e. all total Rs. 13,43,000/ with subsidy is Rs. 3,00,000/- for excavation & Rs. 1,50,000/- for vennamae culture- Total subsidy is Rs. 4,50,000/- for one ha. In case of Brackish water the beneficiary need to obtain Letter of Permission for L.Vennamae culture and also License from Coastal Aquaculture Authority, Chennai and he must abide all rules regulations of shrimp culture.User Fees need to be deposit. For renovation cases the renovation unit cost is Rs. 3,20,000/- plus shrimp culture cost – Rs. 7,43,000/- total Rs. 10,63,000/- with subsidy limitation is Rs. 1,60,000/- for renovation and Rs. 1,50,000/- for shrimp culture thus total Rs. 3,10,000/- per ha.
- Water logged area development:- In this scheme low-lying and swampy land can be developed for pisciculture. The unit cost for tank construction Rs. 5,00,000/- & Pisciculture Rs. 1,50,000/- total Rs. 6,50,000/- per ha. with 40% subsidy.
- Fish Transport :- In this scheme fishermen doing fish business or selling fishes through door to door, in order to facilitates the Govt. is providing Moped maximum with Rs. 60,000/- cost (Including one Ice box) with subsidy of maximum Rs. 30,000/- For purchase of auto with dala for fish business one can get Rs. 2,00,000/- unit cost and the subsidy is Rs. 1,00,000/-. The beneficiary must be a member of a Primary Fishermen Co-op. Soc. Or a women SHG member. And he will exclusively used for the purpose of fish business only must have purchased three Ice boxes.
- Boats & Nets Purchase;- In this scheme the fishermen will purchase new constructed boat and net for which the scheme is Rs. 30,000/- Boat, Rs. 20,000/- for Net. Total Rs. 50,000/- The subsidy is Rs. 25,000/-
- Scholarship to meritorious children of Fishermen;- All the children of Fishermen who have passed matriculation during the current session are eligible to get scholarship basing on their marks obtained in the matriculation and they must join in the college for higher study. The of rate scholarship is as follows;- Rs. 7500/- Children secured 70% or above, Rs. 5000/- if obtained 60-69% marks in HSC examination and Rs. 3000/- marks from 50-59%. This is for one time.
RASTRIYA KRISHI VIKASH YOJANA (RKVY);-
In this scheme since last year fresh water was available but from this year 2018-19 it is now discontinued but it is now will be implemented only in Brackish water sector. The unit cost is as was in Blue revolution. Here only new tanks are allowed. The minimum water area must be 0.40 ha. i.e. Ac. 1.00. The subsidy will be @ 50% of unit cost and can be operated both Bank Finance or without BF.
Skill Upgradation Trainings are very often imparted to the fish farmers both in fresh water as well as brackish water sector so that fish farmers/ fishermen and shrimp farmers can be well acquainted themselves with the latest technologies available for scientific culture. There are two training centres available with the state Govt.( i) Fishery Training Institure, Balugaon for Fresh water (FTI) & ( ii) Brackish Water Training Centre, Paradeep (BWTC) for brackish water culture. Besides District level and Block level skill up gradation trainings are also imparted to the fish farmers and fishermen. Booklets and leaflets are very often distributed to the fish farmers. Similarly in the District Level Fair displays of various fisheries projects are made available for public.
Prime Minister Bima Suraksha YOJANA (PMBSY):-
In this scheme fishermen, members of Primary Fishermen Co-Op. Societies, members of fisheries self help groups, fish farmers or BFDA farmers are covered under this PMBSY scheme with free of premium. In this insurance scheme the nominee will get Rs. 2,00,000/- if insured person dies. And if totally or partially fatal injured then Rs. 1,00,000/-.